Discipleship School (DSchool)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for fall (August 2017 - January 2018)
What does it mean to be a follower of Jesus? The vision of the DSchool is to develop men and women who know the heart of God through a personal relationship with Jesus and the power of the Spirit, in order to hear the Lord's voice and obey it.
The DSchool is an ecosystem of authentic Christ-centered community, life-on-life discipleship, classroom topics, engaging activities, prophetic prayer, and an overseas outreach that help students grow, all in the context of the local church. The school develops a lifestyle of encountering God and fosters habits that deepen our relationship with God. DSchool is an environment of living-out authenticity in community, leading to holistic growth and maturity, which then ultimately blesses others and the world around.
It is ideal for working people, families, and students of any vocation. A typical class session consists of worship, teaching, ministry time, application and activities that are designed to help students grasp the material in their head, hearts and hands. During the year, the school will participate in a retreat, local outreaches, and an end-of-the-year outreach trip (1-2 weeks).
Our Fall17 school will be our pilot program of our new 5-month school. We're looking for the right people to join us for this special class. We encourage those who are desiring a smaller, more intimate DSchool to consider applying this fall!
Our Spring18 school will start in mid-February through July and will tentatively take place on Sunday late afternoons/evenings.
What to Expect
- Commitment to Tuesday Nights (6:30-10:00pm) and every third Saturday of Sept, Oct, and Dec (9:00-6:30pm) plus January 9th.
- Daily FaceTimes with God (devotional times)
- Transformational community
- Instructional teaching and hands-on learning from guest speakers and Epicentre staff
- Church participation (service and community life)
- Read and study the bible; Bible memorization
- Outside readings
- Evangelism opportunities
- 1 to 2 Week short term outreach
In all, the Discipleship School requires commitment of attendance to the majority of classes (some absences allowed), and a commitment of about 10 hours/week, as well as additional time to prepare for the summer outreaches. We ask students who are considering the school to make sure they are able to commit fully to DSchool before considering attendance.
- Tuition: $1800 for singles. $3400 for couples.
- Applications are due July 15, 2017. The cost of the outreach is not covered by tuition.
- First day of class will be on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 6:30pm. Graduation will be January 14th, 2018.
- The school will include a Retreat August 25-27th, 2017.
- Outreach will take place December 26-January 2, 2017.
Application & Acceptance process
- Complete Prerequisites.
In order to apply for DSchool, we ask that students have completed or be prepared to enroll in the following classes: Hearing God's Voice LifeU and Epicentre 101. For Fall17, pre-requisites will be done simultaneously as school. Prerequisites can be waived with DSchool staff approval.
- Fill out the application form.
The application from will consist of three parts. The first two portions are to be filled out by the applicant while the third form is to be filled out by someone that knows the applicant well.
- Download the application below:
• [Application] DSApp-A
• [Application] DSApp-B
• [Application] DSApp-Ref
- Schedule an meeting.
Once your full application is submitted, the DSchool staff will contact you to schedule a time to meet. The purpose of these meetings is to allow the staff a chance to get to know you better, ask any follow up questions they may have, and give you space to ask questions. It's an informal meeting so come as you are.
- Are you in?
DSchool Staff will inform you shortly after the interview whether you have been accepted or not. Once you receive the acceptance email, reply to inform us if you have decided to do the DSchool.
- Submit a deposit.
To complete your full acceptance process, an initial $300/person deposit is required to be paid by Wednesday, August 9, 2017.
You can pay...
• Online: designate your giving to "DSchool Fees."
• Check: Payable to "Epicentre Church" with the Memo line: DSchool Fees - Your name
• Cash: In a sealed envelope labeled "DSchool Fee - Your name"
All tuition payments are not tax-deductible.
(Please talk to us if you have any financial concerns or you've already missed the deadline.)
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com